I came up yesterday from Richmond, VA with two other Linux geeks and we’re all experiencing our first Ohio Linux Fest. A few observations from day One.
- The Columbus Convention Center is HUGE. Getting from the hotel to the actual meeting rooms is sort of a spoof of The Two Towers in its own right. Definitely a journey.
- The size of the convention center, so far, is making it feel a little less cozy as compared to SELF this past year. I’ve no doubt that will change tomorrow.
- The people here are top-notch, period.
- The t-shirts are pretty cool, even if they are “Ohio State Red”.
- A lack of free wifi in the convention center and a shortage of power plugin spots isn’t great.
- The Red Roof across the street doesn’t have a great continental breakfast
- Both local bars we’ve tried so far have been great
- I’m really looking forward to tomorrow.
I’ll try to have something more substantive up later tonight, booze-willing.🙂